At NOVA Transition Hurstville we change lives
Hurstville NOVA Transition has a very successful program, with most of our second-year trainees finding a job of their choice in open employment. Our amazing Work Placement Coach has a fabulous rapport with each trainee. She understands their strengths, skills, abilities and employment goals, and finds them work placements that highlight these.
At Hurstville, we place a great deal of importance on our trainees becoming independent and contributing members of the community. Our extensive work experience program includes a large range of employers, to enable our trainees to sample different types of workplaces and jobs. Many of our trainees find and keep a job through their work placements.
Sometimes we do group work experience as a NOVA Transition team. These placements are great for learning how to work together, developing awareness of others, and building confidence and interaction between our trainees and the community.
Our trainees attend NOVA Transition three days per week. Through comprehensive individual and group supports, they develop both employment skills and skills for greater independence – which will help them to stay in employment. Trainees say they enjoy coming to Transition because they:
- make friends and have fun
- learn important things about work and being employed
- learn about employment but also about everyday life
- learn housework, shopping and budgeting
- will get a job soon!
Some of the great experiences we’ve had include:
- industry visits
- guest speakers
- visits to Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum in Darling Harbour; The Channel 10 Studio in Pyrmont for filming of Ready, Steady, Cook; The Police & Justice Museum; ‘Sailability’ at Penrith Lakes; and the State Library in Sydney.
Join the focused fun of finding employment with us – contact NOVA Transition Hurstville:
34 MacMahon Street
HURSTVILLE NSW 2220